Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Saturday Night's Alright for Music on TV

This past Saturday night, March 1st, had some incredible music on TV on NBC and PBS. I was shocked. On Saturday Night Live, Wilco was the musical guest. If you're not familiar with Wilco, I suggest you familiarize yourself. They're an Alt-Country group. I've been a fan since I saw them open for R.E.M. in San Antonio in 1999. During commercials, I'm going through the guide, and found out that PBS was showing some live footage of the Clash! It was awesome!!!! Man, the Clash was amazing! So much better than the Pistols. They were ahead of their time the same way that Pink Floyd and MC5 were. Even earlier that day, Johnny Knoxville had Dale Watson performing on MTV. Dale Watson is a country artist in the truest sense of the word from Texas. Imagine if Johnny Cash, Waylon, and Merle had a baby. His name would be Dale Watson.

No comments: